Limited Warranty Program
MFA Oil Company (“MFA Oil”) proudly stands behind the quality of its products. MFA Oil brand lubricants (“Lubricants”) have been specially formulated with the latest technology to meet and exceed the performance requirements of automotive, agriculture and commercial equipment.
All Lubricants are warrantied to be free from defects and to protect the critical engine and transmission parts as set forth below (“Critical Parts”) of owned or leased passenger vehicles, and agricultural or commercial equipment (“Equipment”) from fluid-related failure. This Limited Warranty is available to consumers, including business entities (“You” or “Your”), that use Lubricants in Equipment for at least six (6) consecutive months, one hundred fifty (150) hours or two-thousand five-hundred (2,500) miles, whichever occurs first (“Effective Date”) and continuously thereafter. This Limited Warranty will continue during Your ownership or lease of the Equipment (“Warranty Period”). The term Equipment specifically excludes vehicles or equipment: (i) modified or used for any type of competitive motorsports activity; (ii) that have had the engine repaired or modified with equipment or parts that would void the manufacturer’s warranty, and (iii) that have been modified with non-factory equipment or accessories (such as a snow plow attachment).
The critical engine and transmission parts (“Critical Parts”) covered by this warranty are limited to those lubricated or wetted by the Lubricants.
If a Lubricant is shown to be defective during the Warranty Period, MFA Oil will replace any defective Lubricant and, at MFA Oil’s option, pay for either the reasonable cost of repair or replacement of any Critical Part of Your Equipment that was directly damaged by a defect of the Lubricant. “Damage” shall mean the total mechanical failure of a Critical Part. MFA Oil may replace or repair Critical Parts with a part that is of like kind and quality, including the use of refurbished or used parts. In addition to the above requirements, the following terms and conditions must be met to the satisfaction of MFA Oil:
- The Lubricant used by You, including the grade and viscosity thereof, was appropriate for the intended use in the Equipment according to the original Equipment manufacturer’s specifications;
- You have used MFA Oil’s Lubricants continuously (any interruption in use of MFA Oil Lubricants will require You to satisfy the time, hour or miles prerequisite again before the Limited Warranty will apply);
- The Equipment is operated under normal operating conditions and in accordance with the operating instructions and limitations, including speed, load and temperature set forth by the manufacturer specified or recommended by MFA Oil for the product in question, whichever standard is more stringent;
- The Equipment is under a program of regular, documented maintenance including, but not limited to, the cooling and lubricating systems in accordance with the manufacturer’s service recommendations;
- The failure of the Critical Part or Lubricant was not due to contamination, water or excessively severe conditions;
- The Lubricant used must have been put in service no later than three (3) years from the date of manufacture;
- Lubrication changes have been completed in accordance with the original Equipment manufacturer’s recommended drain and replacement intervals, and additionally in the case of all oils, changed at least one time every twelve (12) months;
- The Lubricant was not used in conjunction with any unauthorized product or additive as determined in the sole discretion of MFA Oil; and
- Keep all Lubricant purchase receipts as proof of purchases, and have documentation of the miles/hours at the time the Lubricant was installed and general Equipment repairs;
- Keep all damaged Critical Parts of the Equipment for inspection by MFA Oil.
- Allow an MFA Oil representative to inspect the Equipment, including any damaged engine, component or automotive system; and
- Cooperate with the MFA Oil investigation of the claim and provide information reasonably requested by MFA Oil.
SUBMIT A CLAIM
To file a claim under this Limited Warranty, You must:
- Notify MFA Oil Company at (800) MFA-LUBE or [email protected] as soon as You discover any defect in the Lubricant or Damage to a Critical Part, but in any event, no later than sixty (60) days from the date the Damage occurred;
- Collect a 4-ounce sample of the used Lubricant in question from the Equipment and place into a clean, dry container (MFA Oil sample kit containers are available at your local bulk plant);
- Mail, at Your expense, the following items to MFA Oil, Attn: Laboratory, 101 McKeown Pkwy., Moberly, Missouri 65270:
- The 4-ounce sample (see above);
- Documentation describing the make, model and year of the Equipment, and total accumulated miles or hours;
- The Equipment’s maintenance history documentation, including miles/hours at the time of MFA Oil brand Lubricant installation, general equipment repairs, and oil analysis results;
- Proof of purchase of MFA Oil brand Lubricant; and
- Batch number from the Lubricant container or certificate of analysis (if available).
MFA Oil reserves the right to inspect the
damaged Critical Part and Equipment, take Lubricant samples, run tests and
examine all related documentation deemed necessary to determine cause of
failure. Failure to allow MFA Oil to do
so will result in denial of your warranty claim.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
THIS LIMITED WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER ANY DAMAGE TO CRITICAL PARTS THAT OCCURS PRIOR TO THE EFFECTIVE DATE OR ANY REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT OF CRITICAL PARTS DUE TO NORMAL WEAR AND TEAR, THE FAILURE OF ANY CRITICAL PART THAT IS RELATED TO ANY PENDING OR COMPLETED LEGAL PROCEEDING OR RECALL, OR FOR WHICH THE MANUFACTURER HAS ANNOUNCED ITS RESPONSIBILITY BY ANY MEANS, OR DAMAGE TO CRITICAL PARTS THAT ARE ALSO COVERED BY THE EQUIPMENT’S MANUFACTURER WARRANTY OR ANY EXTENDED SERVICE CONTRACT OR WARRANTY.
FURTHER, THIS LIMITED WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER ANY DAMAGE TO CRITICAL PARTS THAT IS THE RESULT OF: COLLISION OR OTHER ACCIDENT; THEFT; VANDALISM; RIOT; EXPLOSION; EARTHQUAKE; LIGHTNING; FREEZING; OVERHEATING; INTERNAL OR EXTERNAL FIRE; WATER OR FLOOD DAMAGE (INCLUDING PRIOR FLOOD DAMAGE); NEGLIGENT, RECKLESS, KNOWING OR INTENTIONAL DAMAGE; TIMING BELT FAILURE; IMPROPER SERVICE OR MAINTENANCE; DEFECT ATTRIBUTABLE TO THE VEHICLE MANUFACTURER; IMPROPER INSTALLATION OF ANY PART; FLUID CONTAMINATION (I.E., COOLANT, FUEL, WATER OR FOREIGN MATERIAL); OR THE FAILURE TO KEEP THE MOTOR OIL AND ENGINE COOLANT AT LEVELS PRESCRIBED BY THE MANUFACTURER.
THE LIMITED WARRANTY PROVIDED HEREIN IS INTENDED TO AND WILL BE YOUR ONLY RECOVERY AGAINST MFA OIL. MFA OIL EXCLUDES AND DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTY OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND MERCHANTABILITY. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT ALOWABLE BY LAW, MFA OIL WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF USE, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, COST OF TOWING OR LODGING, OR DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROPERTY OR BODILY INJURY. THIS PROVISION WILL APPLY WHETHER THE CAUSE OF ACTION RELATES TO USE OF THE LUBRICANT OR ARISES OUT OF ANY SERVICES PROVIDED UNDER THIS WARRANTY. IN NO EVENT WILL MFA OIL’S TOTAL LIABILITY EXCEED THE REPLACEMENT VALUE OF YOUR DAMAGED CRITICAL PARTS.
MFA Oil may alter, amend or modify the criteria and terms and conditions of this Limited Warranty at any time and in its sole and absolute discretion.
This Limited Warranty shall be governed and construed according to the laws of the State of Missouri, without reference to conflicts of laws principals. Any legal proceeding arising under this Limited Warranty shall be brought in the State Courts located in Boone County, Missouri.
If any provision of this Limited Warranty is held invalid, illegal or unenforceable, the validity, legality, and enforceability of the remaining provisions shall not in any way be affected or impaired thereby and the other terms and provisions of this Limited Warranty shall remain in full force and effect.