MFA Oil Foundation
The MFA Oil Foundation provides cash grants to support nonprofit organizations that are working to improve communities where MFA Oil has a significant concentration of members and employees. The Foundation's mission is to assist rural communities in MFA Oil Company's market area by donating resources that help develop and strengthen organizations dedicated to education, youth, human services or civic endeavors.
- MFA Oil Foundation grants must meet Foundation's stated mission.
- Grants are awarded in amounts typically not to exceed $2,000.
- Requests must be submitted on the application software and are reviewed by the Foundation board of directors.
- Interpretations and administration of provisions of the program will be determined by the MFA Oil Foundation.
- The MFA Oil Foundation reserves the right to change or withdraw this program without notice.
- Primary focus of improving communities where MFA Oil has a significant concentration of members and employees.
- Nonprofit organizations may apply for MFA Oil Foundation grants. Generally, donations are restricted to organizations that have been granted tax-exempt status under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
- Accredited public or private colleges, universities and community colleges are eligible, as well as elementary and secondary schools, with a valid state tax exemption form.
- Grants are limited to one per organization per five-year period.
Qualifying recipients include:
- Programs designed to build knowledge and leadership skills of rural youth.
- Agricultural and cooperative education programs.
- Organizations actively addressing and solving community problems and improving quality of life.
- The organization must have raised at least 80% of their total project cost before being considered for a grant.
Generally, funds will not be awarded for the following:
- Operating expenses (disposable items, overhead cost, daily expenses, etc.)
- Lobbying, political and religious organizations
- National organizations (local chapters of some organizations may be eligible)
- Veteran, fraternal and labor organizations
- Individuals (housing cost, therapy, clothing)
- Fundraising events, dinners or benefits
- Advertising expenses (pamphlets, marketing materials)
- Travel/Conference expenses for individuals/groups
- Sports sponsorships