MFA Oil Foundation
The MFA Oil Foundation provides cash grants to support nonprofit organizations that are working to improve communities where MFA Oil has a significant concentration of members and employees. The Foundation's mission is to assist rural communities in MFA Oil Company's market area by donating resources that help develop and strengthen organizations dedicated to education, youth, human services or civic endeavors. The Foundation is primarily funded by pre-tax, non-member income.
- MFA Oil Foundation grants must be in line with the Foundation's stated mission.
- Grants are awarded in amounts not to exceed $2,000.
- Requests must be submitted on an MFA Oil Foundation Grant Program application form* and are reviewed by the Foundation board of directors. (Applications may take several months to fully consider. Applicants will be notified as soon as possible after a decision has been made.)
- Interpretations and administration of provisions of the program will be determined by the MFA Oil Foundation.
- The MFA Oil Foundation reserves the right to change or withdraw this program without notice.
- Nonprofit organizations may apply for MFA Oil Foundation grants. Generally, donations are restricted to organizations that have been granted tax-exempt status under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
- Accredited public or private colleges, universities and community colleges are eligible, as well as elementary and secondary schools.
- Grants are limited to one per organization per two-year period.
- Qualifying recipients include:
- Programs designed to build knowledge and leadership skills of rural youth.
- Agricultural and cooperative education programs.
- Organizations actively addressing and solving community problems and improving quality of life.
Generally, funds will not be awarded for the following:
- Operating expenses
- Lobbying, political and religious organizations
- National organizations (local chapters of some organizations may be eligible)
- Veteran, fraternal and labor organizations
- Fund-raising events, dinners or benefits
- Travel expenses for individuals/groups
- Sports sponsorships
Complete the Grant Program application form* and return it with all requested information to:
MFA Oil Company
Attn: MFA Oil Foundation
PO Box 519
Columbia, MO 65205
Questions? Please contact the MFA Oil Foundation coordinator.
* The MFA Oil Grant Application functions best when using an updated version of Chrome or Internet Explorer browsers. You can download one of these browsers from the links below.