The MFA Oil Foundation provides support through cash grants to nonprofit organizations that are working to improve communities where MFA Oil has a significant concentration of members and employees. Recipients include:
- Programs designed to build knowledge and leadership skills of rural youth
- Agricultural and cooperative education programs
- Organizations active in addressing and solving community problems and improving quality of life
- MFA Oil Foundation grants must be in line with the Foundation's stated mission.
- Grants are awarded in amounts not to exceed $2,000.
- Requests must be submitted on an MFA Oil Foundation application form and are reviewed by the Foundation board of directors.
- Applications may take several months to fully consider. Applicants will be notified as soon as possible after a decision has been made.
- The MFA Oil Foundation reserves the right to change or withdraw this program without notice.
- Interpretations and administration of provisions of the program will be determined by the MFA Oil Company Foundation.
- Nonprofit organizations may apply for MFA Oil Foundation grants. Generally, donations are restricted to organizations that have been granted tax-exempt status under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
- Accredited public or private colleges, universities and community colleges are eligible as well as elementary and secondary schools.
- Grants are limited to one per organization per two-year period.
- Generally, funds will not be awarded for the following:
- Operating expenses
- Lobbying, political and religious organizations
- National organizations (local chapters of some organizations may be eligible)
- Veteran, fraternal and labor organizations
- Fund-raising events, dinners or benefits
- Travel expenses for individuals/groups
- Sports sponsorships
Complete the Grant Program application form and return it with all requested information to:
MFA Oil Foundation
Attn: Larry Fick
PO Box 519
Columbia, MO 65205
Questions? Please contact Larry Fick at 573.442.0171 Ext. 431 or by email.